We spent the last week at the cabin. Karl had mowed the grass prior to our arrival. We had decided that we need another shed in back so that I can have a small shop plus a storage shed. So we picked up some pier blocks, 4x4s and 2x6 joists and put together a 10x8 platform. Next trip we will frame up the walls. Suzanne began spray-painting some old plastic chairs while I was finishing up the floor joists.
This morning I burned a small pile of sticks and yard debris in our little fire pit. We are not allowed to burn brush on our property here, but fire pits are OK. The shed will be built in a number of phases. I can only do so much during a week. Perhaps the title of this blog should be, "Weak at the Cabin."
I am still trying new show venues to find those that provide the most effective exposure for my works.